Masterhowes

First Name
Drew
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mk7 GTI APR Stage 2
Occupation
US Air Force
I feel there is some fine print on that statement. Let's say it does start under 40k it will almost certainly be the 300hp version of the vr30 which makes it a terrible value why buy the new one with less HP for more money?
You’ll have to figure in that they are not only competing with the Supra (which is way overpriced), but also the Ford Mustang GT and Chevrolet Camero, along with a higher horse powered BRZ/86 if that comes out. They are using a platform and powertrain that they already have, so not much R&D. They also want to these to sell like hot cakes. My prediction is that the base hp and price will be 400hp and around $35k. $35k is $5k up from the 370z starting price, but undercuts the Supra (6 potter) significantly. $35k also puts them in direct competition with the American manufacturers. My prediction:

$35k Base Price
Gets consumers behind the wheel and moves units
No power seats, minimal safety technology, smaller wheels, less premium interior (plastic and more plastic), etc.

$45k with full upgrades and options
Wheels, carbon fiber, premium interior materials (leather, wood, aluminum etc.) exhaust, safety technology. T-top/sunroof. Stereo system.

$50k starting Price for Nismo
Nismo Body kit, more carbon fiber, higher hp/torque, Nismo wheels, performance parts

1/4atatime

Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver 370z 2018
You’ll have to figure in that they are not only competing with the Supra (which is way overpriced), but also the Ford Mustang GT and Chevrolet Camero, along with a higher horse powered BRZ/86 if that comes out. They are using a platform and powertrain that they already have, so not much R&D. They also want to these to sell like hot cakes. My prediction is that the base hp and price will be 400hp and around $35k. $35k is $5k up from the 370z starting price, but undercuts the Supra (6 potter) significantly. $35k also puts them in direct competition with the American manufacturers. My prediction:

$35k Base Price
Gets consumers behind the wheel and moves units
No power seats, minimal safety technology, smaller wheels, less premium interior (plastic and more plastic), etc.

$45k with full upgrades and options
Wheels, carbon fiber, premium interior materials (leather, wood, aluminum etc.) exhaust, safety technology. T-top/sunroof. Stereo system.

$50k starting Price for Nismo
Nismo Body kit, more carbon fiber, higher hp/torque, Nismo wheels, performance parts
Not sure where you are seeing that the base will get 400hp. It won't I guarantee it. That's why I'm saying this car is a terrible value. Prices have already leaked for it and they are not that great.

● Base grade (304ps) /4.5 million yen
● Version S (304ps) / 5 million yen
● Version T (304ps) / 5 million yen
● Version ST (405ps) / 6 million yen
● NISMO (405) ~ 450ps) / 7 million yen